I ran 88.0 miles / 141.6 km during the month of January. This is less than I’ve done in previous years but this year I’ve had to run through a “real” winter. Seattle winters had their share of challenges (dark, windy, wet, wet and wet) but they didn’t have -20C temperatures and killer windchills. I’ve now managed to accumulate the necessary winter running gear and feel like I know have the winter thing sorted out. The funniest thing is that I’ve been running in my downhill ski mitts. This makes me look like a boxer.
I’ve mapped out my running plans and goals for the first half of 2010 below.
- January: Base training, get long run distance up to 10 miles (check)
- February: Two more weeks of base training, one week off while in Whistler, then start spring training program
- March: Work through the Ryan Hall half marathon training plan
- April: Continue training plan, run Waterloo half marathon (race-simulation long run)
- May: Sporting Life 10K (go for a PB if recovered from Waterloo half), Toronto Women’s half marathon (going for a PB and sub 1:50:00)
- June: Recover recover recover, possibly run a half in NOTL at the end of the month for fun
That’s the plan.